Workers’ Compensation Resources for Employers
Workers’ compensation is a state-regulated insurance system that provides covered employees with income and medical benefits if they are injured on the job or have a work-related injury or illness. Workers’ compensation insurance coverage limits an employer’s liability if an employee brings suit against the employer for damages. In Texas private employers can choose whether or not to carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage.
Texas employers who do not carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage are required to report their non-coverage status and work-related injuries and occupational diseases to the Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC). Employers who do carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage are required to report all known occupational disease and any work-related injuries that result in more than one day of lost time. Employers that fail to meet these requirements commit an administrative violation and may be subject to administrative penalties.
- About Workers’ Compensation
- Information for Employers with Workers’ Compensation Insurance Coverage
- Information for Employers without Workers’ Compensation Insurance Coverage
- How a Workers’ Compensation Claim Works
- Employer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Return to Work: Getting Your Employee Back to Work Safely
- Workers’ Compensation Health Care Networks
- Workplace Safety
- Complaint Resolution
- What is Workers’ Compensation?
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Information
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Coverage Data
- Shopping for Insurance Coverage
- Certified Self Insurance
- Group Self Insurance – Private employers that have established a workers’ compensation self-insurance group under TLC, Chapter 407, Subchapter A are regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance. For information call 512-322-3507.
- Employer Coverage Forms and Notices
- Fact Sheet: Employer Rights and Responsibilities | Derechos y Responsabilidades del Empleador
- Injured Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- CY 2012 Adjusted Gross Annual Payroll Requirements Determined for Coverage of Seasonal Workers (PDF)
- Information for Workers’ Compensation Non-Subscribers
- Fact Sheet: Non-Covered Employers
- Employer Non-Coverage Notices
- Report an Injury (DWC Form-001)
- FAQ: One of my employees was injured. What do I do?
- Employee Benefits ( fact sheets)
- Dispute Resolution
For more information contact: WorkersCompCustomerServices@tdi.texas.gov
Williams, McClure & Parmelee is dedicated to high quality legal representation of businesses and insurance companies in a variety of matters. We are experienced Texas civil litigation attorneys based in Fort Worth who know Texas courts and Texas law. For more information, please contact the law firm at 817-335-8800. The firm’s new office location is 5601 Bridge Street, Suite 300, Fort Worth, Texas 76112.